11.2.07

Basically

He invited me to his apartment. Told me he wanted to introduce me to someone. The kitchen smelled foul from something foul. On the living room wall was a painting of a giant uterus. Otherwise, the room was quite bare. "I'm surprised you paint," I said. "Only when I'm inspired," he answered. "Meet my mother's uterus. Call her Jackie." "Who? You're mother or her uterus?" "Both," he said. "Now go ahead and climb inside." "Excuse me?" "I mean walk over there and stand. I'll take your picture." I felt like I should and shouldn't, but I did. I stood between the pink, narrow folds he had lined with lace. He picked up a sheet of syran wrap from the floor and twisted it around my shoulders like a shawl. "Steady," he said, and made a few adjustments on his camera. He stared through the lens for a long time. I didn't know what he wanted me to do next, so I just continued like I was.

No comments: