21.2.07

First

I fell asleep and dreamt I was climbing Mt. Taurus. It was hard work. When I woke up my arms and legs were still mounting a boulder in the air, but I was under the table. I was breathing hard and my vision was blurry. My date was very quiet. I realized it was hard for him to visualize what I was doing since my motions were probably jerky. I pulled myself together and sat back up in my chair. I tried to be more casual and politely asked him what he had been doing. He still looked at me nervously, almost with fear. “Finishing dinner,” he said. “Right,” I said coolly. “I must have dozed off. I was climbing Mt. Taurus,” I added, just to explain myself more. “Where’s that?” he asked, which meant he might still be interested in me. “I'm not sure,” I said. I really had no idea. Then he left the room. I figured it was over. I started to gather my things, which wasn’t much after all, when he came back with an atlas. He suggested we find the mysterious mountain together. And it turns out I was in Turkey, which was ironic because he had cooked a very dry chicken for dinner. Somehow looking at other countries was a passion we shared. We spent the rest of the date traveling around the world together. In fact we trekked across Peru for our second date, which seemed a bit serious to our friends, but I think it was rather fitting.

No comments: