10.2.07

I Might Have Mentioned This Already

I'm stuck in a romance between toast for breakfast and toast for dinner.

I was late for class again. When I arrived I rushed to a seat and started taking notes like everyone else. Soon I realized the course
was a study of my ex-boyfriend and his life. It took me by surprise. I recognized the teacher's voice and sure enough it was his
best friend. He was wearing his winter jacket and scarf like being in front of students chilled him. I started feeling warm and nauseous. I wanted to leave, but also ask a question. Probably everyone expected me to. I raised my arm. What did he eat for dinner last night? Steak. Did he prepare it himself? No.

1 comment:

iminyeh said...

this is beautiful and funny and very very honest. can't wait to read some more